The Durham Resilience Programme (DRP) aims to raise awareness of the importance of developing and supporting resilience across school communities, and support participating schools in developing, implementing and reviewing a bespoke action plan to improve resilience-promoting practice within their setting.
Who is it for?
Schools in County Durham who are interested in developing their knowledge of resilience in education and developing their existing policy and practice to promote the resilience of staff and students.
How will it be delivered & what support is available?
Sustainable change takes time and schools will be offered continued support for reflection and implementation over a period of time (usually across an academic year) and this may include consultation, policy development , parental engagement and discussion around complementary practices you may want to explore e.g. Restorative Approaches, Peer Group Supervision, Therapeutic and Counselling support etc.
You will be offered:
- Support from facilitators drawn from the Emotional Wellbeing & Effective Learning Team, Education Development Service & Educational Psychology Service
- An initial consultation with the head teacher / senior leadership team
- Twilight training for all staff on the psychology of resilience -as relating to both Children and Young People (CYP) and staff.
- The facilitation of staff and student audits and reflection exercises regarding current practice around resilience.
- Support to develop an action plan specific to the needs of your setting.
- Support to identify and set up School Level Agreements with Special Educational Needs and Disability (SEND) & Inclusion services to meet the aims of the action plan, (where appropriate).
At present, there is no direct cost to schools for becoming involved in the Durham Resilience Programme.
For further information please contact:
Dr Ben Greenfield
Specialist Educational Psychologist & DRP Coordinator
SEND & Inclusion Service
Social, Emotional and Mental Health
Education Development Centre
Tel: 03000 263 333