Get involved in Active 30!
Over the last couple of months, the Active 30 Hub has been redeveloped. The new Active 30 Durham website provides schools, parents and carer’s with information and inspiration on how to embed physical activity into young people’s lives.
The hub now has a range of resources to encourage physical activity in the home environment, as well as school, to support families during the pandemic.
We have collated a bank of physical activity resources which includes, national and local resources, at home and at school activities, useful videos, documents, research and case studies to support schools and parents make every day an active day! We’ve also included case studies from schools already using the hub to share best practice and ideas.
The bank of at home and school-based resources have been split into the following categories;
- Active Curriculum, Active Programmes, Active start and finish
- Early Years, KS1, KS2, Secondary, Special Educational Needs and Disability (SEND)
- Mental health and emotional wellbeing
Within these sections’ resources are split into physical activity, schools games and Physical Education (PE)
How can schools get involved?
As part of the relaunch, schools have to repledge for this academic year
Schools can choose the level of activity they pledge towards:
- Active 10 – every child participating in 10 minutes of moderate to vigorous intensity activity every day at school
- Active 20 – every child participating in 20 minutes of moderate to vigorous intensity activity every day at school.
- Active 30 – every child participating in 30 minutes of moderate to vigorous intensity activity every day at school.
The criteria required to meet these awards are:
- The activity level is to be sustained for a full term
- All activity should be organised by your school e.g. in the school day or school involvement before or after.
- Activity must be between moderate and vigorous intensity levels
- 100% of children must reach the activity level everyday
If a school wants to move awards ( e.g. Active 10 to Active 20) they have to re-pledge again.
Please click on the link below to pledge to be an Active 30 school and access the range of resources available to support you to embed physical activity in your school and encourage families to be more active
You can also follow us on Social Media